Cabana premix is one of our most popular and versatile products. In addition to making a great-tasting Cabana, it can also be used for making Pepperoni, Kransky (Polish Sausage), and Strassbourg.
Cabana mix makes a product that tastes great by itself, but if desired, you can also add extra ingredients such as dried chilli, garlic or cheese pieces to give your smallgoods a personalised flavour.
(For smaller batches, simply use ingredients in the same ratios as shown above).
Method For Cabana / Kransky / Strassbourg
2.7Kg Cabana Premix
45Kg Meat (50% Lean Beef / 50% Fatty Pork Trim)
7Kg Iced Water
1. Mince meat through a coarse mincer plate.
2. Add Cabana Premix and mix well.
3. Add Iced Water and continue mixing.
4. Mince again through a coarse mincer plate.
5. Put mixed product into a food-grade tub and place under refrigeration overnight for cure to work.
6. Fill mixture into relevant casing (Use hog or collagen casings for Cabana and Kransky. Use natural or polymer